New Canaan, CT Masonry Tools and Materials
Though many people like performing their own DIY home improvement projects, most will agree without argument that masonry projects can be rather complex construction projects that typically require the skill, know-how and expertise of the professionals. Here at Conncrete Works, our team of dedicated professionals takes a great deal of pride in our top-rated, affordable masonry supplies as well as our high-quality masonry services we offer. Our certified masons are committed to providing all our New Canaan clients with only the highest quality masonry products, materials and services in the region.
Masonry Tools in New Canaan, CT
If you are comfortable with the fact that your skillset suits your individual masonry project, then you can rely upon the specialists here at Conncrete Works for all your masonry supplies, tools, and materials needed to successfully embark on your individual DIY masonry project. From specialized trowels and simple hammers to wide edged chisels and a wide range of other masonry products, our team of professionals has got you covered. For our DIY clients in New Canaan and the surrounding regions, we also stand ready to provide you with masonry materials including crushed stone and limestone for your DIY project. Whether your DIY project is that of installing a new fireplace, designing and building a stylish retaining wall, or simply constructing a variety of planters, knowing exactly which masonry supplies, tools, and materials you will need to successfully complete your New Canaan home project is an important part of your overall project. With that said, our team of highly experienced masons and material specialists here at Conncrete Works is on hand to help you understand some of the specific tools you will need to successfully perform and complete your DIY masonry project.
- Trowels – Margin and V or Square – Trowels are used for various tasks including piling mortar on top of stone and evenly spreading the mortar across any veneer masonry unit or structure. Trowels can also be used with margin trowels to keep the mortar on your structure from spilling over the side. V or square notched trowels contribute to the evenly spreading mortar across a variety of large surfaces.
- Mason Hammer – For the Do-it-Yourselfer, you will need to invest in a simple mason hammer that can be used for chopping stone and easily breaking bricks in half. The mason hammer is specifically designed with a blunt side that is used for chopping stone and brick with a single quick blow and with a much smaller side that is used primarily to create breaks in the pattern of a mason structure.
- Cold Chisel – You can also use a cold chisel to break stone and brick, just like the mason hammer. However, the cold chisel varies in design in that it is designed with a flat, wide head that is typically used to remove bricks from a brick wall or can also be used to chip away excess mortar material for a structure.
- Wire Brush – A wire brush can be used for not only removing accumulated debris along the surface of any structure, but can also be used for brushing away concrete crumbs or rock chips.
Effective Masonry Materials in New Canaan, CT
Here at Conncrete Works our team of skilled specialists is equipped to provide all our valued New Canaan clients with all the materials needed to perform their DIY masonry projects. We recommend, however, that our clients purchase needed materials as close as possible to the project startup dates so as to avoid materials from becoming damaged if purchase too early on. When you purchase your materials to far in advance the materials can, if they come in contact with moisture, become damaged and hardened and can no longer be used. There is a variety of masonry materials that you can use for your DIY project, including:
- Mortar – Mortar is used primarily to ensure that structures or surfaces stick together effectively.
- Veneer mortar – Veneer mortar which is enriched with polymers, easily sticks to a variety of vertical surfaces. Veneer mortar, however, is much more expensive than your typical mortar.
- Aggregate – Aggregate is what makes up the bulk of concrete that is used in so many masonry projects. It is a simple sand and gravel mixture.
- Portland cement – Portland cement which is a combination of lime, iron, alumina, silica, and gypsum is available for purchase in both 50 and 100-pound bags.
- Ready-mix concrete – When you combine Portland cement with gravel and water you form a ready-mix concrete that can be used for deck supports and also to secure fence posts. This ready-mix concrete hardens and cures easily.
- Grout – To fill in the seams on any number of masonry projects, grout is used. Grout is a mixture of sand and Portland cement.
- Rebar – Rebar, reinforcing bars and steel bars are all used primarily in large masonry projects to add a whole new level of strength.
The Professionals You Can Trust in New Canaan, CT
At Conncrete Works we take pride in our dedicated team of specialists who are steadfast in their overall commitment to meet the individual needs of all our valued New Canaan clients. We strive to provide all our New Canaan clients and those in the nearby towns as well with only the highest quality masonry products and services at affordable prices. Because we are committed to performing masonry projects in timelines that are accommodating to our client’s needs and at affordable prices, we here at Conncrete Works enjoy a high customer service and satisfaction rating in the community and marketplace. As a result of our highly visible marketplace presence, we have come to be billed as your go to company in New Canaan and the surrounding towns for all your masonry service and material needs. If you are in search of a high performing, top of the line mason or in need of high-quality masonry supplies and materials, then surely you have come to the right place. Give a call out to one of our team members today to obtain a free estimate or to schedule a free consultation.