Greenwich, CT Masonry Tools, and Materials
There are many people who take pride in performing their own DIY home improvement projects. Whether plumbing or painting projects, or drywall, and even flooring projects, individuals enjoy taking on their own home improvement projects in Greenwich and many of the nearby towns as well. For many individuals, however, masonry projects and more complex construction projects typically require professionals. Here at Conncrete Works, we take pride in our top-rated masonry services and our highly skilled masons who are committed to providing only the highest quality services to all our valued clients.
Masonry Tools in Greenwich, CT
For our valued clients who are qualified to perform their own masonry projects, rest assured you can rely upon the team here at Conncrete Works to provide you with all the tools and materials needed to perform your masonry project. From trowels and hammers to chisels and specialized materials we have got you covered. For our DIY specialists in Greenwich, you can rely upon the team here at Conncrete Works for all your masonry tools and materials such as crushed stone and limestone. If you are planning a fireplace project, are looking to build a retainer wall, or construct planters, it is imperative that you have an understanding of all the basic tools and materials you need to perform your Greenwich home project. With that said, the specialists here at Conncrete Works want to provide you with some very important information regarding the specific tools you will need for your masonry project.
- Trowels – Margin and V or Square – Trowels are used specifically for piling mortar on top of the stone and for spreading the mortar evenly across any veneer masonry unit. Trowels can be used with margin trowels being used specifically to keep the mortar from spilling over the side of the structure you are working on. Further, V or square notched trowels are essential to the even spreading of mortar across a large flat surface.
- Mason Hammer – Specifically used for chopping stones and bricks in half, every do-it-yourselfer must invest in a mason hammer. The hammer is designed with a blunt side that allows for this specialized process to be performed with a single blow of the mason hammer. The smaller side of the mason hammer helps to create breaks in the pattern of your mason structure.
- Cold Chisel – A cold chisel is used for breaking stone and brick much like the mason hammer. A chisel is designed with a flat, wide head and can also be used to remove the brick from a brick wall and also to chip away excess mortar material.
- Wire Brush – A wire brush is a truly dispensable tool that is used primarily to brush away any concrete crumbs or rock chips and also to remove any debris that has accumulated along your structure or work surface.
Effective Masonry Materials in Greenwich, CT
As for the proper materials needed for your DIY masonry project, Conncrete Works is equipped to provide you with all the materials you need. Our team of specialists recommends that rather than buying the necessary materials far in advance of your project that you purchase your materials as close to your startup date as possible. This is because materials purchased in advance can become damaged by moisture causing the materials to harden and be of no use. There are a number of common masonry materials that you can use, including:
- Mortar –The primary function of mortar is to ensure your masonry units or structures are able to effectively stick together.
- Veneer mortar – Veneer mortar sticks to all types of vertical surfaces and is used for manufactured veneer stones. This mortar is enriched with polymers and is much more expensive than a typical mortar.
- Aggregate –A mixture of sand and gravel, aggregate material is used to form the bulk of concrete used in many masonry projects.
- Portland cement –Portland cement is a mixture of lime, iron, alumina, silica, and gypsum and is available in 50-pound or 100-pound bags.
- Ready-mix concrete – Portland cement and gravel when mixed together with added water form a ready-mix concrete material that easily hardens and cures. This ready-mix concrete material is primarily used for all types of deck supports as well as securing fence posts.
- Grout –Grout is primarily used to fill in the seams on many masonry projects and is a simple mixture of Portland cement and sand.
- Rebar –Rebar along with steel bars and reinforcing bars are used to add strength to much larger masonry projects.
The Professionals You Can Trust in Greenwich, CT
Here at Conncrete Works, we are committed to providing all our Greenwich clients with top-rated services that will simply not be matched by any of our competitors. Our team is steadfast in our commitment to meet the individual needs of all our Greenwich clients and in providing products and services at affordable prices and in timelines that are accommodating to the needs of our clients. Conncrete Works is billed as your go-to company for all your masonry service needs in Greenwich and many of the adjacent towns. If you own property in Greenwich and are in the market for a highly professional mason, then we are the team for you. Simply give a shout-out to one of our staff and schedule your free consultation today.