Fairfield, CT Masonry Supplies, Tools, and Materials
Many houses in Fairfield are pristine, and need to be handled carefully when performing DIY home improvement projects. Masonry and complex construction projects in particular should be handled by a professional. At ConnCrete Works, we make sure our services are top-notch and our products affordable. Our Fairfield clients deserve only the highest quality products and services that Connecticut can offer.
Masonry Tools in Fairfield, CT
ConnCrete Works is here to help anyone at any skill level with their masonry projects. We have stocked many amateur masons with the materials necessary. When you embark on your personal project, such as a new fireplace, refurbished planters or are constructing a stylish retaining wall, ConnCrete Works will be able to supply you with your masoning needs. Fairfield, CT clients who need crushed stone or limestone for their project can come to us.
- Trowels – Margin and V or Square – Trowels are used in masonry to pile mortar on top of stone or evenly spreading it across a veneer masonry unit. With V or square notched trowels, you can more evenly spread mortar across large surfaces, and trowels can be used with margin trowels to keep mortar from spilling over the side of your structure.
- Mason Hammer – Mason hammers are essential for DIY projects. Chopping stone, or breaking bricks in half? The mason hammer will allow you to do it with ease. The blunt side allows things to get broken in a single blow, while the smaller side of the mason hammer creates breaks in the pattern of a mason structure.
- Cold Chisel – Much like the mason hammer, a cold chisel is used for breaking stone and brick. It’s designed with a flat, wide head to be used to remove the brick from a brick wall or chip away excess mortar material.
- Wire Brush – Used to brush away concrete crumbs or rock chips and removing debris that’s accumulated along the surface of the structure.
Effective Masonry Materials in Fairfield, CT
Fairfield clients who need materials for their DIY projects should consult us for advice. For instance, if you buy materials too far in advance they could come in contact with moisture, thus becoming hardened and become completely useless. Please buy your materials close to the start-up date so they can be used quickly and efficiently. Masonry materials we stock in our store includes:
- Mortar – Used to make sure structures stick together.
- Veneer mortar – This type of mortar is far more expensive than typical mortar because it’s enriched with polymers and sticks to all types of vertical surfaces.
- Aggregate – A mixture of sand and gravel, this forms the bulk of concrete. Used in most masonry projects.
- Portland cement – Available for purchase in 50 or 100-pound bags, this is a mixture of lime, iron, alumina, silica and gypsum.
- Ready-mix concrete – Used for deck supports and securing fence posts. It’s a Portland cement mixed with water and gravel. This hardens and cures easily as a ready-mix concrete material.
- Grout – A mixture of Portland cement and sand, it’s used to fill in the seams in many masonry projects.
- Rebar – Adds strength to large masonry projects (along with steel bars and reinforcing bars).
The Professionals You Can Trust in Fairfield, CT
ConnCrete Works makes sure all of its Fairfield, CT clients are well-equipped when it comes to masonry services and masonry accessories for DIY projects. We are a team of professionals who understands the difficulties in masonry, which is why we want to help however we can. Masonry is one of the tougher construction projects you can do in your house, so don’t hesitate to call us for our services. Whether you want to build your first fireplace or have us support your deck, we are here for our clients. Reach out to one of our staff members for a free estimate or to schedule a free consultation today!